Holistic Thrush Treatment Possibilties
Rotate the treatments monthly so your body does not
get used one thing over another.
-Chamomile tea both internal and external, strong
tea using dried herb, drink several times a day, apply tea (or spent
tea bags) 2-4 times a day on nipples(if you are allergic to ragweed
do not use)
-Raw garlic, liquify in blender and add to juice
(monitor baby reaction in terms of increased gas)
- Olive Leaf Extract- drink or take in pill form
- Unrefined Coconut Oil- ingest and place on
nipple(you can sprinkle probiotic on nipple right before nursing to
get it into baby too!)
- Grapefruit Seed Extract, liquid
- Ginger- aids in digestion and great for
cleansing the liver which apparently yeast likes to live.
- Goldendseal (usually with Echinachia in it which
can't hurt)- contains microflora great for digestive track.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- place on nipple in between
- Probiotic- A must!! to stop the vicious cycle
-Gentian Violet- but only for a short time frame-
has been known to cause mouth cancer. place on nipple and in babies
mouth. see .http://www.bflrc.com/newman/breastfeeding/gentviol.htm
- Replace your nipple pads every time you nurse. Not
recommended to use re-usable when you have thrush.
- Expose your nipples to air as much as possible.
Air dry nipples after pumping or after feedings.
- Expose nipples to the sun for a few minutes a day-
Sun and yeast not friends.
- Eat as much raw food as possible(chew thoroughly
to help with digesting)
- No sugar in diet- as much as possible.
- Wash babies clothes, your own bath towel (after
each use) in vinegar, alternative bleach and if you have it a bit of
the Grapefruit Seed Extract.
- Boil pump parts- bottle nipples and anything else
that touches babies mouth for a rapid boil 10 minutes a day or after
each pump. You can put some vinegar or GSE in water.
- Sun dry your cloths if you can. Again they are not friends